Seniors comprise a large and growing group of clients with unique oral health care needs. Advancing age, along with decreased dexterity, multiple chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, arthritis, cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease, and their associated medications may bring about changes in oral health. At Silver Valet Dental Care, we dedicate ourselves to continued learning, researching, and educating the client, care-providers and their families on the many facets of geriatric oral health. Our team of professionals can help:
- Maintain seniors' overall oral and physical health
- Ensure ease of chewing, swallowing, digestion and speaking functions
- Prevent tooth decay and gum disease
- Reduce oral inflammation and pain
- Maintain denture fit and comfort as oral bone structures naturally diminish
- Promote good nutrition in residents, by ensuring a variety of healthy foods can be eaten - improperly fitting dentures can contribute to malnutrition in seniors.
- Work with care staff to increase oral health awareness and strengthen preventative care